- Master's Degrees
- Actuarial Science Online
- Bioethics Online
- Critical Issues in International Relations
- Ecology, Evolution, and Environmental Biology
- Graduate Foundations
- Human Rights
- Quantitative Studies for Finance
- Sustainability Analytics
- Sustainable Finance
- Sustainable Water Management
- United Nations Studies
- Graduate Preparation
- Take Courses
- Business Offerings
- Summer Study
- Columbia Summer Overview
- High School Summer Programs Overview
- High School Programs
- American Language Programs
- Programs Overview
- Intensive English Program
- Part-Time English Programs
- Special Programs
- Advanced Academic Preparation
- Advanced Academic Writing for International Students
- English for Professional Purposes: Business
- English for Professional Purposes: Communications Practice
- English for Professional Purposes: Law
- English for Professional Purposes: SIPA
- English for Professional Purposes: Social Work (Summer)
- English for Social Work (Fall)
- International Teaching Fellows Training
- Executive Programs and Seminars
- Auditing Programs
- Coming Soon
For some students, a unique program of study is most effective for meeting their goals. Customized study at Columbia University means Postbaccalaureate Studies students choose a single concentration built from a selection of University undergraduate and graduate courses. You will have access to the same professors, facilities, and resources as degree candidates. You will also join the unique community of Columbia students who are among the brightest in the nation.
You may have completed your undergraduate degree in Art History but gotten your first job after college working for an environmental lobbying group in New York City. At the School of Continuing Education, you can pursue a Certification of Professional Achievement in Business with a custom designed course of study that includes coursework in business and finance, and in sustainability. The business and finance classes will help you understand big business and the sustainability courses will be more specific towards applying your new skills to your new job.
Similarly, should you decide to launch a second career in international affairs after many successful years working in finance or business, the School of Continuing Education has a summer program where you will earn a Certification of Professional Achievement in Critical Issues in International Relations that will prepare you to look outside your current field for work.
The flexibility of customized study will help you reach your unique academic and professional goals with interdisciplinary study that would not be possible in a traditional, predefined program. Course plan advising is provided on an individual basis, ensuring that students pursue a rigorous program of study appropriate to their academic, professional and personal goals. There are admissions and academic advisors for each program to help you decide on the best course of study to fit your goals.
If you are still unsure about how the Postbaccalaureate programs at Columbia can help you achieve your goals, you can send us a question from our request for information page. Postbaccalaureate Studies information sessions also provide an excellent venue for learning and inquiring about the program options and requirements.