- Master's Degrees
- Actuarial Science Online
- Bioethics Online
- Critical Issues in International Relations
- Ecology, Evolution, and Environmental Biology
- Graduate Foundations
- Human Rights
- Quantitative Studies for Finance
- Sustainability Analytics
- Sustainable Water Management
- United Nations Studies
- Graduate Preparation
- Take Courses
- Business Offerings
- Summer Study
- Columbia Summer Overview
- High School Summer Programs Overview
- High School Programs
- American Language Programs
- Programs Overview
- Intensive English Program
- Part-Time English Programs
- Special Programs
- Executive Programs and Seminars
- Auditing Programs
- Coming Soon
Spring 2013 Academic Calendar
Registration* Mon., Jan.14-Fri., Jan. 18
Martin Luther King Jr. HolidayMon., Jan. 21
No classes; University offices closed.
Classes BeginTues., Jan. 22
Late registration/change of program**Tues., Jan. 22-Fri. Feb. 1
Mon.-Thurs., 10 a.m.-6:00 p.m.; Fri., 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Last day to add a class or drop a class without financial penalty*** Fri., Feb. 1
Last day to drop an individual classTues., Feb. 26
Spring RecessMon., Mar. 18-Fri., Mar 22
Last Day to Select Pass/Fail OptionThur., Mar. 28
Classes endMon., May 6
Last day to withdraw from the UniversityMon., May 6
Study DaysTue., May 7-Thu., May 9
Final ExamsFri., May 10-Fri., May 17
CommencementWed., May 22
* Registration — A withdrawal fee is charged if a student registers and subsequently withdraws, regardless of whether or not classes have begun. See Withdrawal & Tuition Refund.
** Late Registration/change of program — Students must obtain permission from an adviser in 203 Lewisohn Hall and must have written permission from each course instructor to register after February 1. After February 1 only partial tuition refunds are granted, and only when students withdraw by dropping all of their courses.A late registration fee is charged during and after late registration.
*** Last day to add a class or drop an individual class without financial penalty — There is no tuition refund for courses dropped after this date, unless a student withdraws from the University (i.e., drops all of the courses for which he or she is registered). In addition to any tuition that is retained, a withdrawal fee is charged whenever a student withdraws.
Students taking online business courses should use this calendar.