- Graduate Degrees
- Noncredit Programs
- Postbaccalaureate Studies
- Programs List Page
- Quantitative Studies Degrees and Certificates
English for Professional Purposes: International and Public Affairs
This course is only open to international students who are entering Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs in the fall. Students required to take this course will be notified by SIPA.
- Completed application form.
- A photocopy of your TOEFL score report, either the internet printout or the paper version. This is just for our records. We already have your scores from SIPA.
- A copy of your SIPA admission letter.
Students who need form I-20* must also submit:
1. A copy of your passport ID page
2. A copy of your financial document, showing a minimum balance of $8,000
* Please remember that, in order to apply for an F-1 student visa, you must first obtain an ALP SEVIS I-20 for the ALP Summer term. Then, you will need to take the I-20 form to the US Embassy, or consulate, to obtain an F-1 student visa. Upon completion of your Summer ALP course, our ALP Visa Office will assist you with a transfer of your SEVIS record to the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO). The ISSO will then issue an I-20 form from the same SEVIS record for your Master’s program. If you have any questions, please contact the ALP Visa Office at email@example.com.
ALP cannot provide housing for EPP: SIPA students. Students needing housing should coordinate with SIPA/housing for early check-in.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.