The School of Continuing Education at Columbia University is a resource for those who wish to take their lives in new directions.
Our students are motivated, serious, academically oriented people who seek professional, personal, or academic development in subjects that range from the sciences to the humanities to the arts.
The scope of the School extends far beyond evening classes for returning students. Our programs serve not only nondegree and professional students, but also hundreds of graduate and undergraduate Columbia matriculates every year.
We currently offer
- Thirteen professional master’s degrees
- Postbaccalaureate study in over 50 subject areas
- Over 50 high school program curricular options
- Ten levels of ESL instruction
- Access to Arts and Sciences courses through the Auditing and Lifelong Learning Programs
- The University's Summer Sessions
Though this offering is diverse, our programs are unified by our mission: to transform knowledge and understanding in service of the greater good: a just, sustainable and compassionate global society.
Please explore our site and consider all that Columbia’s School of Continuing Education has to offer.